Thursday, July 1, 2010

Three Thought Thursday: Episode 26

1. Kolbe has developed the sneakiest little habit. Every day when he stumbles out of his room after his nap, I ask him: "Kolbe, are you wet or are you dry?" He used to tell the truth. But that was before he put two and two together and realized that 1) he knows where his dry undies are stored and 2) he's fully capable of changing his undies on his own. Most days he comes out and is, in fact, dry. But then there are days when he comes out and the convo goes a little something like this:
Me: Kolbe, are you wet or dry?
Kolbe: Dry.
Me: Kolbe, I'm pretty sure you had on your truck undies this morning.
Kolbe: Me wanted to wear me's Buzz Lightyears.
Me: Well where did the trucks go?
Kolbe: In me's hamper.
Me: Well are your truck undies wet or dry?
Kolbe: ummmm.....
Hey, on a positive note, at least I don't have to change the wet undies! But he fails to realize that it's more than just his undies that are wet when he has an accident. That part still gets left to good ol' mom.

2. My birthday was way too wonderful this year! It was celebrated on two separate days and was so much fun! As I wrote last week, it kind of seems like turning a non-significant age like twenty-eight is about as exciting as sweeping the kitchen floor...not horrible, but certainly nothing to rejoice over. But after so much fun and attention from my doting husband, family, and friends, maybe birthdays are something that should be amped up, no matter what the age! And it must just be blatantly obvious that I'm obsessed with sewing. I got five gift cards to either Joann's, Hobby Lobby, or Hancocks. FIVE! And two to Target! My heart has been fluttering ever since! Hey, at least my loved ones know me well! They really really shouldn't have gotten me anything, but the fact that they did just adds to my obsession. I'm sure you all can see the wheels in my head turning...

3. Notice anything special about Three Thought Thursday: Episode 26? I'm half way there! Hard for me to believe. I set out at the beginning of the year in hopes that I could force myself to write and exercise my noggin at least once a week. And honestly, around March  I was starting to think it was a bad idea. But now that I've gotten in the routine of it, I must admit that I really love coming up with three little things to talk about each week. It's been a pleasant outlet to talk about things Kolbe and Reagan could care less about and Mark probably isn't interested in hearing when he gets home from an exhausting day of work. Who knows, you, dear person reading this thought, may not be interested in most of the stuff I have to say either. But thank you for reading anyway! As a stay-at-home mom, there's often times where it feels like I have absolutely no contact with the outside world...or with anyone over the age of two. And even if you are just reading this and aren't exactly holding a conversation with me, it still feels like someone is listening to me. Like I'm being heard, in a way. So thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment