Thursday, September 30, 2010

Pack Your Bags...

So maybe, just maybe you were expecting three jots of randomness from my week. And yes, I will get to that. But not here.

I have a little bit of a confession to make. For months and months people have been encouraging me to start up a little etsy site selling my handmade stuff. What's etsy, you ask? It's basically a massive site dedicated to the sale and promotion of solely handmade goods. For a really long time I had my mind made up that I wasn't going to do it. Seriously...who would by my stuff? I would really need to perfect a few things before making it sell-able.

But a few months back I finally decided to go for it and give it a shot. Sort of a what-the-heck type attitude. I decided to keep it hush for several reasons. Partially because I didn't want to have to explain if I chickened out. Partially because I didn't want anyone to feel like they had to buy anything. (You don't. Really....it's all baby stuff anyway.) But mainly, I think, because I was afraid of it failing. I'm such a perfectionist, that I just really had this secret horrible self-doubt gut-feeling that it might fail and I'd be embarrassed. Which still may be true.

And for the first few weeks, it struggled. No sales, not much action. Of course, I hardly had anything in my shop so that didn't exactly help. But all of a sudden it took off. And in a big way. Tuesday, for example, I sold six items. Six! And two other websites have asked to review and feature my items on their sites in the month of October. Very cool.

And because most of the shops on etsy also have a blog that shoppers can access for more information...especially for when their items are featured on other sites..., I finally broke down and started a blog connected to my shop a few weeks ago. Let me first explain that had I known about this when I started the shop, I would have just somehow tied it in to this blog. But I didn't. And I couldn't think of a clever name for my shop so I just combined my two nicknames for the boys (Sweetheart and Sunshine) to make the name of the shop. Real original. I know.

I'm sure by now you're putting two and two together. The shop is called Sweetheart-n-Sunshine so the blog needs to be called that too. And this blog is not called that. And I'm not going to keep three blogs. Sorry. Just don't got it in me. So if you're up for it and not completely tired of my antics, join me for the move. I'll no longer be posting on this site anymore. Instead, the new blog http://www.sweetheartnsunshine.blogspot.com/ will be home to all my ramblings about my life at home with the boys along with bits and pieces related to the shop and my sewing endeavors.

Whew. No turning back now.

I know that quite a mouthful and I could have just said, "Hey, I'm moving this blog," and it would have sufficed, but I just had to put the whole thing out there. Every little detail of an explanation. You know me...never at a loss for words.

So click here for the new blog and the continuation of Three Thought Thursday. (Yes, I committed to doing TTT for an entire year and I'm not giving up now just because I'm moving! Not when I've got just three months left!)

No comments:

Post a Comment