Thursday, August 19, 2010

Three Thought Thursday: Episode 33

1. I'll be real honest; I'm not writing this on Thursday. In fact, I'm writing it on Tuesday. But as you read it, on Thursday, I'm enjoying a Colorado vacation and celebrating my anniversary with my husband and family. We returned home from the second leg of our travelling extravaganza late Sunday evening...I think technically it was Monday morning...spent all day Monday unpacking, doing laundry, and recovering. Today we're back to packing again. Total craziness, I tell you. Dallas was a blast though. We had so much fun visiting Brian and Cristi and just enjoyed the time away from Lubbock. Brian called us about an hour after he left and said that he and Cristi were sitting back in their apartment and feeling sad over how quiet it was. I suppose it was kind of like when the circus comes to town for them! I don't think Mark and I can even fathom what it would be like to live in a quiet house. In our world, quiet means someone is probably getting in to some form of trouble.

2. While in Dallas, I finally got to visit one of the meccas I've had on my list for quite some time: Ikea. When I have time to stalk random blogs I usually end up on ones that have something to do with crafts, sewing, or home decorating. Almost all of them mention items they found at Ikea time and time again. We all went on Sunday (kids included) and spent a few hours meandering around. Mostly I was just trying to take everything in. Next time I go, I'm sure I'll have a list of things to look for. It was overwhelming! I did walk away with a few purchases but nothing major. Among other things, I saw an adorable red dresser that I would love to have in the boys' room to replace their current 20+ year old one that nearly collapses every time I pull a drawer out. I also saw countless options of furniture that Mark and I could put in our room. Bedroom furniture for us has always been on our "someday" list. Currently we have a conglomeration of mis-matched what-ever-we-could-find type items. Like both of us have end tables for night stands--mine, a nice cherry color, and his more of a blond wood. And both dressers are of the particle  board variety. But someday...someday we'll get nice matching dressers and nightstands. And maybe even the mirror that goes over the dresser!

3. The Asmussen Garden has still continued to flourish though it's been painstaking waiting for the tomatoes to ripen! How do you explain to a two-year-old that "we can pick them in just a few more days..." when a few more days turns in to weeks!?! The jalapenos have been doing great, or so Mark says. The boys and I pick them for him and he blackens them and eats them whole. No thank you. My stomach is way to sensitive! But as of today we have several jalapenos that are ripe for the pickin' and the largest of our tomatoes look like this:

Hopefully they'll be just right when we get back from Colorado and we can finally make the batch of salsa we've been planning!

No comments:

Post a Comment